Chocolate Heart Tarts with Raspberry
It’s an impressive dessert. Read more about it here
- 1 greenish banana
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz bag frozen raspberries
- 5 dates*
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place the raspberries in a small saucepan and cover. Cook over medium heat until raspberries defrost and liquefy — this should happen very quickly.
- Add the dates and continue to cook for another two or three minutes.
- Blend the dates and raspberries together until smooth, then return to heat. Cook over medium for 9-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Towards the end, you may want to reduce the heat some so you don’t get splattered on. Remove from heat.
- Liquify the banana in a blender. Ad the rest of the crust ingredients, minus the baking powder. Blend till an even consistency is reached. Manually incorporate the baking powder into the dough.
- Divide the dough into six balls. Press the balls into a heart shaped cookie cutter. Remove the cookie cutter.
- Flatten & widen the hearts with your thumb, making large well in the center about (just under) 1/2 inch deep.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Fill the well in the hearts with the raspberry jam, and swirl in the chocolate,
- Bake for 16-17 minutes.
- Serve with love. Optional: Sprinkle big salt flakes over top.